We’re passionate about providing urban school children with every opportunity to succeed.
That’s why at the Indiana Urban School Association (IUSA), we advocate for policy and financial support that helps urban-based students to prosper both academically and socially.
IUSA is a 501(c)(4) organization representing Indiana public school districts that educate all students, while removing barriers for children living with different life circumstances.
Legislative Priorities & Updates
IUSA provides input on proposed legislation and ensures our members are well-informed on how various educational bills would impact students in their district.
IUSA Anti-Racism Statement
Positively Impacting Indiana’s Urban Students
IUSA serves the needs of urban students, striving to positively impact their public education and, ultimately, their future opportunities by:
- Advocating for local and state legislation that recognizes the unique needs of urban students
- Providing a forum where the needs of the urban community can be considered and addressed
- Collaborating with other organizations to promote the educational advancement of urban children
- Providing services and programs specifically designed for urban schools and their students, faculty and administration
- Supporting programs and activities designed to benefit all Indiana students
MEMBER SCHOOL DISTRICTS
PUBLIC SCHOOL ENROLLMENT REPRESENTED BY IUSA
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
Member districts have high student populations with one or more of the following:
- English language learners
- Racial diversity
- Special education
Our Leadership Team
IUSA is one of several advocates dedicated to providing the highest educational experience in Indiana. Where appropriate, we collaborate with similar mission-minded organizations to ensure that every Indiana student has the best opportunity for success in all aspects of student life: academic, extracurricular and social.